Friday, August 10, 2007

Im in ur gamez advertising my produk

So Capitalism is great, it keeps fresh products out on the market and allows the average man to make his own money. Okay fair is fair. But for pete's sake keep your ads out of my games! I love subliminal messaging as much as the next guy, but its hard to concentrate on my damn game when I go "is that a poster for Superbad in my game?" BLAM, I die and have to start over and swearing ensues.

No big deal, I won't make the same mistake again. I will however play another game where there's an add for some product which brings me to my point. How far does advertising have to go?

Games like Rainbow Six Vegas are still great no matter the advertisements for Axe and Superbad. I do get a slight feeling that I'm not playing a game so much as a commercial.

Games much like movies are starting to be viewed as art, and Axe Body Spray is NOT ART YOU NITWITS. Advertising in games make me feel like I'm watching TV and not immersing myself in the experience. This advertising in games is the start of an annoying trend and I for one, can do nothing about it except complain; and not buy games but that's not really an option.

Until I own all the video game companies and can keep ads out of games we're screwed.


No comments: