Friday, October 19, 2007

Vista, a second much angrier look


Okay so I'm done explaining away Vista's problems the way a mother says her sons manic depression has nothing to do with the lack of attention she offered (this is not my mum!) Alright so I've had Vista for several months and after much ooing and awing at the nifty little features Vista brought into my life I came to a Foot to Crotch conclusion

Vista would be great, if it worked.

I read all the great things Vista does like DX10 and improved Security, and other little treats that should've keep me going until the next Windows and got rather giddy. But after months of lying to myself the sweet treats of innovation and new don't add up to shit in your palm if the damn thing doesn't function.

I mean it, Vista is the most frustrating thing I've had to go through since I got it. First programs never worked right, I couldn't open up jack without Vista having a panic attack and the bloody support is craptastic.

This must be tough for those who don't own Vista to fully comprehend so here's a list of things I would rather do than install and use Vista again.

-Stub a broken toe
-Wipe myself with an angry otter
-Buy a copy of Water World on DVD
-Sit between a man who smells and a woman who snores on a trip to New Zealand

However after all the cursing and twitching was over I managed to collect myself when I realized; Vista reminded me just how shitty ever other version of Windows has been excluding the yawningly successful Windows 98 and the only other real choice Windows XP.

I'm sorry Microsoft but you're stuck up cheerleader OS just ain't cutting it, maybe its time to loose the flare and work on some integrity.

No comments: